Monday, May 27, 2013

Step Into My Ocean


I have not written any blog post so far this year. So I was busy with my real job, the one that pays the bills. Then it was the New Year, lost of photographers sharing their top ten or “13” of the year and lessons learned. Seemed like a good idea so I started sifting through the hard drive in search of my hoped for masterpieces. Ten best proved to be a high bar; ten that could have been worse just did not have the same impact. Lessons learned:

Make a lot more photos. Make better photos!

Maybe you know how it is? Easier said than done.  In hopes of not having a Groundhog Day experience when 2014 rolls around it seems like its high time for a peak at the files. 

This photograph was fun to make. I was standing in the shore break with the water rolling up to my knees struggling with the tripod to find purchase on slippery outcroppings. My feet sinking lower with every slosh. The sun was gone half an hour ago and the dogs had sought refuge from the wind curled up amidst dryer rocks. Check the focus every exposure. Manically watch the ocean, be ready to grab the rig and run if a bigger set rises out of the blue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment